Monday, April 2, 2018

Back from break!

Spring Break News

Devin- I went to Cancun and ate a grasshopper. It was a little spicy, hot, really hot and I got a balloon! I went in the ocean. Every morning I see iguanas. I was there for like six days and also I went in round pools.

Mya- I went to New York and I went to Jeffrey's birthday and I saw Adrienne. I was also missing all of you and I brought Easter eggs to share.

Yana- I went to New York. I saw this show and I sleep there and there was a TV. I watched Spongebob.

Jaylen- I saw a royal blue tang at the aquarium. I saw hammerheads. I had three Easter hunts. I had one at my house and one at the Meeting House.

Seth- I saw the Easter bunny. It gave me a lot, a lot, a lot of Easter eggs. The Easter bunny went in my house and gave me a lot, a lot, a lot of toys. When I went to my house, I ate hot chocolate and then I ate cookies.

Natey- I go to Hawaii and see Mimi. Swimming in the ocean.

Taylor- I went to church. At church, mommy selled jars of candy and chocolate. Then, I went to my grandmom's house. First, I ate dinner with macaroni and cheese and chicken and then I had dessert, which was a brownie and then I had one Easter egg hunt.

Zev- I played a little bit with the octopod, it was one of my birthday presents. It was only part of the octopod because it has eight pods but my octopod does not have any tentacles. It came with a little blue Gup A.

Zoƫ- We go to grammy's house. We had an egg hunt and we ate coconut cake. I saw Maya. So usually this might be scary everybody but its not a real thing, it's usually a bug but it won't come to school. I holded a scorpion and tarantula, but it didn't hurt me so you might want to do that if your mom says so.

Thea- I went to the beach and swim. I got a egg from the Easter bunny. I played bingo with my family. I read a book with mommy.


Our morning started off in Library with Michelle reading not one, not two, but three books! We read Will it Rain or Snow? and Oh, No! Then, by friends request, the third book Michelle read was Valensteins.





Back in the classroom, we had morning meeting and friends chatted and shared what they did over break. Read above to hear about the highlights!






To get our bodies and brains moving, we played I Have/Who has numbers.









Friend did great at recognizing and calling out their numbers! We may have to up the ante by bringing in larger numbers.


After our group circle, friends entered into choice time. Friends made their choices using the Choice Time Chart and started engaging with one another right away.



Sea urchin complete!




Over in dramatic play, friends dyed "eggs" and placed them in all sorts of places around the classroom for an egg hunt.





Getting creative with paper bags and paper!




Later on this morning, we had a literacy workshop. At one center was rhyming bingo.


At the second center was spelling puzzles, where friends had to match and connect three or four pieces to spell out a word.


At the third center, friends went apple picking. Friends used a spinner, and then depending on what the spinner landed on, matched uppercase and/or lowercase letters from the orchard to their individual boards.


Friends cycled throughout until each group completed each center.
























Today we celebrated Zev's birthday with a yummy ice cream treat!
Happy birthday, Zev!


Happy first day back from break!

Ask your Sparrow what they liked about being back at school and/or about the literacy activities they participated in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dress up day!

   Today the Sparrows shared the last meeting for Worship with their 3rd grade buddies. Then Friends enjoyed the rest of the day playing ...