Friday, December 1, 2017

Journals and Gingerbread

Soon after sign-in and a bit of choice, the Sparrows had morning meeting. During morning meeting we went over our schedule and found out following morning meeting we would be working in our journals. 
Connecting yesterday's group conversation to today, friends journaled independently about their favorite season. To begin, each friend received a piece of journal paper, their journal jar, and then went to find a comfortable spot to do their work. We turned off the lights, turned on classical music, and the Sparrows got to work. Friends were very focused and took their time, adding thoughtful details to their illustrations.


Yana: Summer because I get to play in the pool and beach.


Zoƫ: Fall because all the leaves fall down.

Taylor: Summer because I like to play in the pool and go to the beach.


Thea: Summer because I go in my pool.


Devin: Summer because I get to go in the ocean and swim.


Seth: Fall because I like when the trees change colors.


Natey: Spring because I like rain and flowers.

Jaylen: Fall because I like when the leaves fall.


Zev: Spring because I like rain.


Mya: Fall because I like when the leaves fall on my head.

Shiloh: Summer because I go in the swimming pool.


Once friends were finished journaling, they got a book to read while other friends finished up.



Once all of the friends' journals were complete, we went into choice time. Activities to choose from included sorting and one-to-one activities, snack, Legos, magnatiles, and pattern blocks.









A robot.


Before going outside, we had a read aloud. We read The Gingerbread Man.

Ask your Sparrow what part of the book they liked best and why.



Have a fantastic weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dress up day!

   Today the Sparrows shared the last meeting for Worship with their 3rd grade buddies. Then Friends enjoyed the rest of the day playing ...